Share/Save/Bookmark

Monday, June 9, 2008

Wind, Wind and More Wind

Greetings all. I am in Amman this morning doing some much needed errands and so have a few minutes to update you all to the happenings at Kharaneh/Azraq. Things are in full swing now on site and we have begun to uncover features. In my area we have come down on what appears to be a huge ash/burn pit or scar. Since I am in Amman today it is up to my teammates to continue to expose the surface of the feature and begin to map its dimensions. Tomorrow we will begin to excavate it - so I'll have more to say on that later. I have a picture of it...but no time to upload - so that will have to come at a later date.

The one thing that I do have to say is that we have been experiencing some rather strong winds...and when I say strong....I mean - its very difficult to sift our dirt as the wind blows the lithics out of our hands...which in a way is great...if they could land in the bag...but alas, it just doesn't happen that way.

Our cook (Ismail) made pizza last night for dinner which was met with great applause and adulation since we are pretty much tired of tomatoes and cucumbers....so this was a much needed change. On the weekend I made everyone my world famous Jerk Chicken...and it seemed to go over well. That was followed up with my now world famous Bananna Fritters....everyone is looking forward to a repeat performance.

Ok, I have to hand the laptop back to Lisa....she has some real work to do....whatever THAT is!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Drew,
Sounds like your trip is going well so far! Wish I could say the same for my research progress. sigh. Hope you manage to keep the blowing sand out of your eyes, ears, nose and mouth for the most part. Good luck and chat again soon. miss you. xoxoxo Shelagh

Copyright

(2008) Please do not use any of the images on this site without my permission first.

Counter


View My Stats